I came across this post on
Facebook that reads:
The 30 Day Plank Challenge will send your core strength through the roof! Yes, all you have to do is HOLD this position, nothing else! It looks pretty easy, but it isn’t!
Day 1 – 20 seconds
Day 2 – 20 seconds
Day 3 – 30 seconds
Day 4 – 30 seconds
Day 5 – 40 seconds
Day 6 – REST
Day 7 – 45 seconds
Day 8 – 45 seconds
Day 9 – 60 seconds
Day 10 – 60 seconds
Day 11 – 60 seconds
Day 12 – 90 seconds
Day 13 – REST
Day 14 – 90 seconds
Day 15 – 90 seconds
Day 16 – 120 seconds
Day 17 – 120 seconds
Day 18 – 150 seconds
Day 19 – REST
Day 20 – 150 seconds
Day 21 – 150 seconds
Day 22 – 180 seconds
Day 23 – 180 seconds
Day 24 – 210 seconds
Day 25 – 210 seconds
Day 26 – REST
Day 27 – 240 seconds
Day 28 – 240 seconds
Day 29 – 270 seconds
Day 30 – PLANK FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!!
Benefits of Plank Exercise:
*It strengthens your lower back
*It develops your core muscles – which include the abs, back, hips and the butt.
*Helps you to avoid injuries and encourage good posture
*Can be done anywhere
*Develops your abdominals by targeting the rectus abdominis
I’m going to do this starting 1 March.
that’s how the light gets in.
When you’re truly at peace and in touch with yourself that nothing anyone says or does bothers you and no negativity can touch you.
Seeing that I spend much more time on my self hosted instance of WordPress and that its a site for business, I hardly ever get a chance to visit and blog here.
But now that the Android mobile app for WordPress now includes all of my blogs, self hosted as well as those on WordPress.com perhaps its time to start musing on here again.
Time will tell if I can keep it up but if you’re also blogging on this platform then please leave a comment below and say Hi.
I got this email from Gift of the Givers, and feel that its totally appropriate…
09 September 2012
MARIKANA – AID DELIVERY COMMENCES
Greetings of Peace
It’s late Saturday afternoon (8 September 2012); the Gift of the Givers team are standing near “Koppies”, the hill where the tragedy occurred on that fateful day of 16 August 2012. A site is selected nearby to set up a camp from which a wholesome hot nutritious meal will be served to the miners and their families, commencing Sunday, 9 September 2012.
The team moves to the location where the families live; armed police and barbed wire adds to the tense atmosphere. Children, obviously traumatised emotionally by the unpleasant events of the past few weeks break into tears when asked to collect items brought for them; the fear, the anxiety, the uncertainty is palpable. Supportive words of encouragement from the mothers and suddenly an incredulous expression of joy permeates the atmosphere; “lambile, lambile, lambile” (we are hungry), they shout and grab the juice and biscuits with gratifying satisfaction. They don’t have money, the uncertainty of when the wage dispute will be resolved and the aggravation of debt incurred through loan sharks adds to the anxiety. These are a people in great need; hungry, distressed, anxious and scared.
We hand out the supplies, engage them, reassure them and promise them that bigger things are on the way come Sunday, 9 September 2012.
Trucks carrying 15 degs (huge cooking pots) of hot, prepared meals and other supplies including blankets and food parcels are on the way to Marikana as we transmit this broadcast. Teams will set up camp, generators, lights and feed through the night today.
These people need our assistance and kind words. A play area for children including the provision of colouring books, paints and soft toys will be functionaltomorrow.
For those wanting to support the campaign call toll-free 0800786911.
Join our group on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
Not what we give, But what we share, For the gift without the giver Is bare.
James Russell Lowell
For the past 2 years or so, I’ve been using the Self-Hosted version of WordPress for my own blog, and for creating sites for other clients. And now, I’m returning for a while to the WordPress.com to continue this blog, as it seems to be getting a bit cooler to use.
I’ll use some or the other autoblog to pull my posts on here into the self-hosted one, and though I spent a large part of today playing around with this instead of the Forex Landing Page, I think its looking good.
Being mostly a curator of content, rather than a creator. Here’s a few posts that I think are appropriate…
- WordPress.org users can now turn any post into a liveblog with Automattic’s new plugin (thenextweb.com) Automattic, the company behind WordPress.org and the hosted WordPress.com service, has just debuted a new live-blogging plugin, aptly titled Liveblog. The free tool allows WordPress users to quickly and easily turn any post into a liveblog, even existing ones, just by checking a box.
From there, authors will be able to post updates directly from…
- Live blogging comes to WordPress (nevillehobson.com) [UPDATE: Venturebeat reports that a serious bug exists in this plugin. It seems that the developers created the plugin and tested it on a pre-release version of the next version of the WordPress software. My recommendation: don’t use the plugin until you have installed an updated version that has been verified that it corrects the deadly issue(s).
- 6 Tips For Hosting WordPress On Rackspace Cloud Sites (rackspace.com) 6 Tips For Hosting WordPress On Rackspace Cloud SitesAt Web Design Company , we build websites almost exclusively using WordPress . It’s a great content management system (even for websites that don’t have a blog) and allows us to give our clients a lot of control over their websites.Recently we switched over to Rackspace Cloud Sites for all our…
- Moving Your Blog from WordPress.Com to WordPress.Org: Resources and Tips(onecoolsitebloggingtips.com) 70+ Resources on How to Start a WordPress Blog
Special Blog Set Up Tips and Alerts
Once you’ve followed the links, you will have a good overview of how to transfer your blog and, I hope, will feel more confident about the process.
But, don’t dive yet! Following are some steps I recommend considering before you leap into exporting your blog or as…
- WP htaccess Control for WordPress (wpjedi.com) The .htaccess file is very powerful. Those of you who run your WordPress site mainly on Apache have probably played with your .htaccess file in the past to handle redirects or secure certain parts of your website. You can always edit the file by using the appropriate client. WP htaccess Control is a cool plugin that makes the process even easier.
- Blanket Ban -WordPress domain across India #Tatadocmo #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com) Latest reports confirm that Tata Photon has blocked access to the WordPress.com domain across India, following a government order to block web pages containing offensive content. Apparently, the ISP has resorted to a blanket ban, blocking access to the entire site instead of clamping down on…
- New Liveblog Add-On from WordPress.com VIP (vip.wordpress.com) We’re proud of our VIP Clients , many of whom report the latest and most important news as soon as it’s available. It was they who we thought of when we developed the new Liveblog Add-on .
We can’t wait for you to see it in action, either as an author, or a reader! To see what it will look like, take a look at the video we created for the Liveblog…
Need a php programmer with experience in working with payment gateways, wordpress, and e-commerce. Get in touch with me 🙂